Geo capitalism, unequal ecological change, value's crisis: radical transition into Antropocene
SoLaRS cycle of Seminars. October 2018 - April 2019.
Department of Culture, Politics and Society, Campus Luigi Einaudi, Turin.
Fourth Cycle of SoLaRS Seminars 2018/2019, Campus Luigi Einaudi, Turin.
1st meeting 25th October 2018: "PRESENTATION N. 21 CULTURES OF SUSTAINABILITY: ENERGY AND SOCIETY. GLOBAL CHALLENGES AND LOCAL PROCESSES".
- Dario Padovan (Sociologist - Department of Culture, Politics and Society, UNESCO Chair in Sustainable Development and Land Management)
- Osman Arrobbio (Polytechnic of Turin - DIST)
- Alessandro Sciullo (University of Turin - Dip. CPS)
- Mario Salomone (Segretario generale World Environmental Education Congress, direttore di .eco e Culture della Sostenibilità)
- Mauro Bonaiuti (Bioeconomist, Universy of Turin)
- Ariano Rosy (Department of Culture, Politics and Society- Unito)
The book collects texts from different theoretical, methodological and disciplinary traditions, ranging from sociology to economics, from anthropology to philosophy: for a long time each of them has been dealing with the complex relationship between sustainability, economic logic and social dynamics. The aim is to try to connect these views, and the related perspectives on the impacts (the unsustainability) of the current model of production and consumption, thus widening the debate on how our society is trying to face an economic, political and social crisis, persistent and, unfortunately, increasingly.
- Energy, work and value. The crisis of capitalism/nature nexus Dario Padovan_abstract
- Un mondo alla rovescia: civiltà e autonomia. Primi spunti per un grande racconto nella prospettiva della decrescita Mauro Bonaiuti_abstract.
- Introduction to the cluster: «Global challenges and local processes: towards strategies for sustainable development» Alessandro Sciullo_abstract.
- L’andamento green delle regioni italiane Erica Bruno e Fiorenzo Ferlaino abstract.
- Energy Cooperatives in the EU and US: A comparison of decentralized energy practices and the potential to positively impact the low carbon energy transition G. Winston Gilcrease_abstract.
- Public Engagement for Renewables Technologies development: a Socio-Technical Perspective Alessandro Sciullo, Dario Padovan abstract Alessandro Sciullo e Dario Padovan abstract.
- Local production of fruits and vegetables: the need for a revised definition? Alessandro Sciullo, Osman Arrobbio, Stefano Massaglia, Cristiana Peano abstract.
- A contribution of the urban transport system to the “sustainable transition”: a multilevel perspective in a socio-technical regime Rosy Ariano_abstract.
- Reducing energy consumption at the university: a study on users’ agency Stefano Magariello abstract.
- Philippa Foot. L’uomo e l’ambiente: analisi naturalistica di un giudizio morale Simone Innico abstract.
- Valore condiviso e resilienza: una possibile risposta per la ripresa da eventi catastrofici. Il caso del Distretto Biomedicale di Mirandola Castellini e Marianna Marzano abstract.